Calamus oil is extracted by steam distillation of the comminuted rhizomes of Acorus calamus L.
• Used in perfumes of the woody and oriental type and to scent hair powders
• Added to mouth washes and used to flavor chewing gum
• Used in spice blends and flavors for alcoholic beverages
Active constituents: Major constituents are β-asarone, acorenone, iso-calamendiol, calamene, calamol, calamenene, α-asarone, trans-β-ocimene, α-terpinolene, methyl isoeugenol, nerolidol, δ-cadinene and elemicin.
Therapeutic properties: Anticonvulsant, antiseptic, bactericidal, carminative, diaphoretic, expectorant, hypertensive, insecticide, spasmolytic, stimulant, stomachic, tonic and vermifuge.
Appearance: Slightly viscous liquid
Color: Yellow to yellowish brown
Aroma: Strong, warm, woody-spicy fragrance
Certifications: FSC, Organic and Wildlife Friendly
|Essential oils containers available:
- 10ml, 30ml. 40ml, 500ml, 1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 10kg, 25kg, or custom size or wholesale.
- Available individually or in sets of 3, 5, etc
- Custom-made gift boxes or other packaging available
- For further details and questions please contact HBTL.